Take a Look at the Numbers Involved
Your Estimated Investment*
|Type of Expenditure||AMOUNT|
|Initial Franchise Fee||$32,000 to $40,000|
|Travel and living expenses during training||$4,000 to $7,000|
|3 months’ rent||$26,250 to $367,500|
|Security deposit for lease||$9,000 to $225,000|
|Leasehold improvements and construction costs (assuming no pool)||$1,750,000 to $2,800,000|
|Selectionized equipment and free weights||$125,000 to $500,000|
|Cardiovascular equipment||$150,000 to $500,000|
|Signage||$35,000 to $85,000|
|Initial inventory, other equipment and supplies||$12,000 to $56,000|
|Computer system and Gym Management System||$20,000 to $35,000|
|Advertising and marketing||$25,000 to $170,000|
|Miscellaneous opening costs||$10,000 to $65,000|
|Additional funds||$20,000 to $150,000|
|TOTAL ESTIMATED INITIAL INVESTMENT (excluding real estate purchase costs and assuming no pool)||$2,218,250 to $5,000,500|
Your Acumen is Complemented by Our Proven Processes
You know business. We know the fitness business. With over 50 years in the industry, 150+ corporate gyms and 30+ years in franchising, we also know what it takes to be a successful franchisor. We are committed to growing our brand the right way with the right partners, so we provide everything imaginable to set you up for initial and ongoing success.
- Real Estate – Whether you use a local realtor or choose to enlist one of our brokers, our sophisticated mapping process determines demographics in any given area and will guide the site selection process.
- Design & CONSTRUCTION – Our in-house design team is an available resource as is our list of approved contractors in your area. Either way, we provide guidance on value engineering.
- Opening Support – Our operations team, along with Gold’s Gym University, our comprehensive web and video based training system, will help you hire and prepare your managers and staff to open the doors.
- Grand Opening PRE-SALE – Forget the old trailer in front of the construction site, our pre-sale marketing and sign-up can all be done online. Some locations have opened with over 3,000 pre-sold members.
- Ongoing Support – Overseen by the Director of Operations, our Field Business Consultants will conduct operational visits and quarterly business reviews of your gym, providing the guidance you need.
- Annual Convention – An unparalleled opportunity to glean transparent best practices from the Gold’s Gym system and to connect with franchisees from across the globe.
- Award-Winning Marketing – We’re recognized for bringing members – new and old – through your gym doors. A fresh and consistent mix of PR, digital and traditional marketing tactics help us – and you – to do just that.
- GOLD’S STUDIO™ – The latest Gold’s Gym experience offering which gives members access to coach led, individually adapted, and community driven boutique-style fitness programs, all designed to remain at the forefront of the trends our members expect.
This is just a snapshot of the ways we help you grow your business.
*For more details, refer to Item 7 in our FDD. Numbers are based on a new 35,000 fq. ft. Gold’s Gym Facility.